Sep 29 2008
Can You Hear Me Now? By Kate Peters, is a book about the power of your vocal impact. It starts with the premise that you are already making an impact on others with your voice, but the impact you are making may not be the one you want to make. Many people fail in their communication simply because the sound of their voice does not align with their message. In this book, you will:
• Learn how to recognize and create a sound that will immediately make people want to listen to you
• Find insights and practical exercises designed to help you use your voice to get more of what you want from life
• Utilize an effective 31-day program that will absolutely change how you communicate for the better.
• Many people fail in their communication simply because the sound of their voice does not align with their message. It is possible to change that.
• If you want to change your voice, you have to be aware of how you sound and what you like and don’t like about your voice.
• To accomplish this, you have to listen to yourself and others.
• You have to become aware of the sound you are creating and the effect it has on others.
• You have to be willing to change the sound.
• And most importantly, you have to know how to make that change in such a way that you don’t create problems with your voice.
• You can choose to have your voice more fully support your sense of who you are and what you want to do with your life, and you can have a healthy, vibrant sound.
• This book is full of ideas, tools, techniques, and exercises that can help you.
What readers are saying:
“Can You Hear Me Now?” is a wonderful tool whether you are in the business world, concerned about your relationships, or even a kindergarten teacher. Your voice is your initial outreach to those around you…you want it to be representative of who you really are. I recommend this book to anyone seeking to positively speak his or her mind and be heard. Rating: Excellent
Heather Froeschl, Bookreview.com
“Professional speaker or occasional presenter, you’ll benefit from this book. As I read it, my highlighter ran out of ink. Ms. Peters made me more aware of why and how I communicate. I learned why talking to mysels isn’t bad, how to sharpen my listening skills, and how to evaluate my intentions for better communication. I speak professionally and understand the need for vocal image and power. As I write this, I’m in the midst of her recommended exercises. My wife, a semi-professional singer, smiled when I talked about this book and said, “It’s nice that you get it and understand the power of voice.”
James W. ‘Jim’ Obermayer – Business Speaker, Consultant, Author
” I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It was insightful, informative, and easy to follow. Understanding and learning how to use my voice more powerfully and effectively will help in every aspect of my professional and personal relationships. Right away, I started doing some of the exercises and found an immediate change, not only in response from people, but in my own perception of my voice. With the insights from this book, I look forward to mastering my vocal impressions. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to improve the power of their voice.”
Tacha Kasper, CBC (Certified Business Communicator)
Director of Communications & Brand Image, Star Real Estate
“Early in my career as CEO, a few lessons with Kate on improving my voice were greatly appreciated and highly effective. We often think that communication is all about the content, flow, energy & your look/presentation style. Working with Kate proved to me that the sound of my voice should not be taken for granted or ignored. She helped me see that “When your intention, your message, and your voice are all clear, others cannot help but listen.”
Jeff Rodek, Executive Chairman, former CEO Hyperion Solutions Corporation
2 Responses to “Book”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.